iTero Digital Impressions – Speed, Accuracy & Comfort
Pleasant Valley Dental is proud to offer iTero Digital Impressions for our patients. Unpleasant putty impressions are a thing of the past with the iTero Digital system!
For patients who are candidates for Invisalign aligners, an accurate impression is essential for effective treatment. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is comparable to watching HDTV over standard definition TV.
The iOC Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital scan in minutes. This non-invasive procedure is ideal for patients undergoing treatment with Invisalign and clear aligners. No unpleasant putty material traditionally associated with taking impressions.
How iTero Works
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. The wand is non-invasive and you can breathe and swallow as needed during the procedure. If you need to move or adjust, you can do so – the accuracy of the handheld wand is first-rate. Needing to “re-do” impressions is rare. Plus, you can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time as the orthodontist moves the wand!
Instead of shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image of your teeth is sent electronically to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the very next day. This 3D model of your mouth can be used with all Invisalign services – including the Invisalign Outcome Simulator, which shows what your new smile might look like after treatment is completed.
View the video below to learn more about the iTero scanning process:
Check out what others are saying about our iTero services on Yelp: iTero Pleasanton.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- Eliminates Putty Impressions – the most invasive procedure in daily Invisalign care. No more goopy, unpleasant aftertaste of traditional impressions. An increase in your comfort!
- Superior Accuracy – with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- Onscreen Visualization – allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal dental scan the first time. The iTero image appears on the screen as we scan your mouth in real time!
- Single Use Imaging Shield – to ensure maximum cleanliness
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Pleasanton Valley Dental was established in 2015
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Alameda County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Livermore, Fremont, and Castro Valley
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details